Fresh setup but further ???

Troubleshoot issues with the Tarantula
HB9FIH

Fresh setup but further ???

Post by HB9FIH » Mon May 28, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Community
We geot the Tarantula last week
Now finished with ssembling and mechanical adjustments.

Now the firmware says "Bigbot 3D" whatever this means...
Fact:
PreHeath Bed and Head -> OK
I move axis y from contoller - yes bed moves - bed to front / to back is Y axis
I move axis X from controller - yes goes up and down - vertical is X axis
but can't find any Z axis ??? (for moving the head) - ok this must be the Z axis.
(in a description on net for another printer I saw Z is vertical and X is the head)
- further are the axis correct ?

Also nothing to find about set the axis to their start position.
I assume on position where the end-stops are is the position 0.

If I say "all to home position" - bed moved to back and head moves to left, but on both axis the micro end-stop switch seems has no function (both axis would move more- so I must switch off the power).

Also if I load eg cube.stp file to the SD Card. Controller says "SD Card inserted" - but can't see anything on the card (with PC I checked - it's on the card).

Is it not possible to use for first steps the delivered firmware ? (Bigbot 3D)

any suggestions TNX Erich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HB9FIH

Re: Fresh setup but further ???

Post by HB9FIH » Mon May 28, 2018 6:52 pm

So far ok, after one day searching i am so fat to print.

But have trouble with filament transport...suddentlich .. if I push by hand then continues ...further
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

royg

Post by royg » Tue May 29, 2018 12:37 am

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you might have a few assembly issues to deal with.

To help you get you printer assembled correctly and working well, can I suggest that you watch this series of videos by Ruiraptor on Youtube.

These videos comprehensively address how to get the Tarantula working well.

The firmware installed on the Tarantula by Tevo works well. It is Repetier firmware (not Marlin), and some settings mat be different to what you'll see in Videos showing Marlin equipped printers.

If you do decide that you want to change the firmware, the best choice for the Tarantula seems to be Jim Brown's Marlin for Tarantula firmware, which you can download from Github. Make sure that you follow Jim's instructions for using his firmware.

https://github.com/JimBrown/MarlinTarantula

From your description of which axis moves in which direction on your printer, I suspect that you may also have your axes mixes up. Have another look at the Tevo assembly manual, and make sure that you have the servo cables plugged into the correct socket on the main board, and that you have each of the end stop microswitches plugged into their correct sockets on the main board.

I hope that information helps,

Regards,

RoyG
Tevo Tornado (MKS Gen L version) - Genuine E3dV6 - BLTouch
Tevo Tarantula with a Laser Cutter/Engraver Add-on.
OctoPi (on an Odroid XU4)
Fusion 360, Cura, Slic3r, Ideamaker

HB9FIH

Post by HB9FIH » Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 am

Tnx a lot Roy....

yeah I studied several videos.
No much steps further.....changed the Original Extruder to the Titan. Reversed the connections and printed again.
Result is much better, but now I must set the new feed amount bc there are gears in Titan.
Here the latest result
20180529_102331-800.jpg
I keep the Repetier Firmware - if this works its well.

When I changed the Extruder I could not remove the existing tube connector. I did not find out how to pull from tube - goes inside only in one direction - any tip for this ?
See pict (with old and new connextion)
20180529_101034-800.jpg

Sri one question more:
I sliced the object and saved them to SD card.
In Controller I can see the file. "print from SD Card"
I assume if I click on them this should be printed ...
- when I tried yesterday - said printing but nothing happends....What I am missing ?

Fact abt Printer:
It was a gift for birthday for my friend who is not expirien in programming.
And I live usually abroad and was here for 3 weeks - (I travel on 31.May to my Sailing boat in Aegean sea - Island Lesbos). So here I have only 2 days - no time for doing all prerequisits for my trips and additional for printer...(we have a Stress when retired hihi)
If interested have a look: http://www.hb9fih.org
Last November I meet an Australian OM (Old Man for Radio Amateurs) in Thailand. We spent a funny time together. At least I am invited to visite Atherton (Cairns) where he an his OM Group lives....

TNX erich

royg

Post by royg » Wed May 30, 2018 12:32 am

In your slicer, make sure that you have the correct filament diameter set. Many slicers default to 3mm filament, and when used on a Tevo that will cause gross underextrusion as you're getting. Tevo filament is 1.75mm.

And when printing from SDcard, just scroll thru the printer's manu to find "Print From SDcard" .... or simplar word, as actual wording can very between Marlin and Repetier firmware.

REgards,

RoyG
Tevo Tornado (MKS Gen L version) - Genuine E3dV6 - BLTouch
Tevo Tarantula with a Laser Cutter/Engraver Add-on.
OctoPi (on an Odroid XU4)
Fusion 360, Cura, Slic3r, Ideamaker