Help Please

The programming behind the Tarantula
Sidewinder113

Help Please

Post by Sidewinder113 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am new to 3D printers and have managed to build a Tarantula and get it up and running.
My problems started when i bought a MKS TFT 2.8 touchscreen and tried updating the firmware and really messed it up.
Now I am struggling trying to find some firmware that supports the MKS TFT and get my printer back up and running.
Can anyone please help me with this, Does anyone have any firmware that is set up for a single extruder, Large bed with no auto level and is set up for the MKS TFT touchscreen.

I know this is a long shot but I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

Many Thanks in Advance

NDN

Re: Help Please

Post by NDN » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 am

My question is did you get the MKS board with the TT? Now that you have updated the firmware you cant go back. So the best thing to to install the Original MKS board first. Mine came with the MKS Base V`1.4 and Marlin Easy config worked great with a tiny bit of tweaking. Check out the Facebook Forum it is very active for links to the Jim Brown Easy Config for Marlin. Get all the original stuff working before you try and upgrade. It it doesnt work with original then the TT probably wont work with upgrades with out a lot of tweaking and frustration. Welcome to the Tevo Tarantula world. Best thing I have heard is start off simple and upgrade as you need it. I have had my TT since the end of June and I didnt upgrade anything until I needed it. Like when I put the BLTouch on, I had to upgrade to use the self leveling feature. but I had already been tweaking and such to my other support features as much as I felt comfortable doing. TEVO Tarantulas is a facebook forum with a lot of really smart people that can help. Come join us.

Lee
Site Admin

Post by Lee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:57 pm

"Go to the Facebook group" isn't solving his problem. Providing links and walkthroughs does. The Facebook group is chock-full of "Why is my extruder skipping?" "What is this plug?" and Facebook's search feature is trash, and that's giving it more credit than it deserves.

He likely flashed a firmware that simply does not have the TFT display output enabled.

Link to Jim Brown's firmware:
https://github.com/JimBrown/MarlinTarantula

Download, config and flash 2.0 and let us know if it works. If it does not, there are some sections that could be changed, but let's not jump into the deep end yet.

Unfortunately I do not have a TFT to test for this, so I'm only going by what I can find in the Marlin community. Can you provide a link to the TFT you purchased?
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D

Sidewinder113

Post by Sidewinder113 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks guys for your replies, it is much appreciated!!
I have now fixed the problem by downloading and installing Lee's own RC8 firmware and I have learned so much about Marlin and how to tweak it.
The TFT works great now and my Tarantula is producing some great prints so happy days!!!
I will download Jim Browns easy config 2.0 and have a play with that too to broaden my horizons.

Thanks again and keep up the great work you do!!

Lee
Site Admin

Post by Lee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 pm

RC8 is Charles' firmware. Mine was the Mk4Duo port, which I haven't updated in a while.

Glad you're up and running!
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D

Sidewinder113

Post by Sidewinder113 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Apologies I thought it was yours, Anyway it works great so well done Charles!!

Thanks again guys!!