Starting up help

General topics regarding the Black Widow
MTS

Starting up help

Post by MTS » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:20 am

So I finally quadruple checked everything I think and I have turned it on, Now whwhat please? I'm missing something from all the instructions,what do I do now, do I have to hook up to my computer to test and set everything? Lol this is probs the most stupid question yet :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Charles

Re: Starting up help

Post by Charles » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:44 am

Have you tested the printers operations from the LCD screen ?. Manualy move all the axis. Check it homes correctly. Check the heaters all work.

If you have then you need to download a slicer program to your PC. The one I use is Repetier Host, It comes with the Cura Slicer which I use. Their are many STL files on thingiverse that you can do a test print with. Most people start with a 20mm test cube to check, and mabye calibrate the axis movements.

When you download a STL file from Thingiverse you load it into Repetier Host and Slice it. Once it's finished you can save it to the SD card. Insert the SD card into the printer and tell it to print.

You will need to do basic settings in Repetier host before you can use it. Select the Prusia I3 model. You can set your bed size and a few other settings. Their are some tuts around for using Repetier Host.

I am note sure were you are at. I can provide more info if needed.

Chales

MTS

Post by MTS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Thankyou Charles. My BLT wouldn't work properly, I needed to download Adruino then marlin and also the BLT version. I had a lot of help from a couple people and have got it all running great. Well all things tested well n working g, I clyding temps. Be trying my test print of the cube, In fill and the temp block tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for replying.

Lee
Site Admin

Post by Lee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Do you mind sharing your working Marlin profile?
Printer: Tarantula w/ OctoPi on Pi Zero
Firmware: MK4Duo
Slicer: Simplify3D