Michelango Heating Failed Printer Halted Please Reset

Troubleshoot issues with the Michelangelo
VerbalDave

Michelango Heating Failed Printer Halted Please Reset

Post by VerbalDave » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Got the "Heating Failed Printer Halted Please Reset" error. Looks like the connection to the heating element might have a short, but there is no documentation on how to pull the heating element out and fix it. Since it is a fully closed system opening the box and pulling out the multi meter is tricky. Any ideas?

VerbalDave

Re: Michelango Heating Failed Printer Halted Please Reset

Post by VerbalDave » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:04 pm

After adjusting the wires. I am now getting this "Thermal Runaway Printer Halted Please Reset". Just got this printer two weeks ago.

Lee
Site Admin

Post by Lee » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Well that's two opposite ends of the error spectrum. lol!

Check connections on your temp sensor, make sure it's securely connected to the correct plug on the board.
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D

VerbalDave

Post by VerbalDave » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm trying to check the connection to the board, however, the 2.0mm allen wrench doesn't work on three of the base screws. Seems like they were stripped at the factory. I don't know how to get this open now, probably gonna have to destroy these screws to get it open. I have four different wrenches I've tried, but they all just slip. Even tried putting electrical tape on it to make it tighter but the wrench just pops thru the tape. Kinda stuck on options, don't even know if I should try this or try to get Tevo to send me a completely new machine since this is about 2 weeks old.

VerbalDave

Post by VerbalDave » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 am

Got it open. Tested the heater. It is reading 4.6 ohms . Looked at the voltage across the heater while heating and it sat at 11.98V. Then once fully heated it sat around 4.2V