Flash for beginners

General topics regarding the Flash
zeno

Flash for beginners

Post by zeno » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 am

Hello everybody!

I am new to 3dprinting and I am thinking to get a Tevo Flash.
Unfortunately, however, info around are really few and I am a bit scared by the support of the Company. I am reading around and there are a lot of complains about unresponsiveness of Tevo as well as low and poor standards in building. I also went to the FB page and messages from users are never answered, that is really bad.

I as well noticed that on the Tevo website there is nothing about the Flash, beside the sales links.
Nothing about slicing software, for example. I tried to download Cura and on the latest one there isn't a profile pre-arranged for the Flash.

Do you think this printer can still be a good choice for a beginner like I am or better to lokk at something else like the Ender 3?

Thanks!!

Lee
Site Admin

Re: Flash for beginners

Post by Lee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

I think most DIY-built printers are only as good as the builder. Anet's tend to have questionable electrical connectors that result in fires. Tevo's actually do pretty well when you take your time on the build.

If I didn't already have my fully-modified Tarantula, I'd probably spring for a Flash.

Slicing software is mostly unrelated to the printer. I can slice my models in S3D for both my Tarantula and my Flsun Delta. I'm looking to get familiar with Cura again as I like some of its newer features.

"The" Facebook group is notoriously difficult to get answers from, or to search; that's the reason I built this forum. The FB group admins hate me, but the forum is here to stay, no matter how little traffic it gets.
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D

zeno

Post by zeno » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Hello Lee,

thanks for the details you shared. I personally like the idea of having a forum because I do not really like to write on FB. Old school forum is better.

I am still in the process of taking a decision on what to buy. Was even thinking to go for a flsun qq and start with a delta, mainly because of its printing size but I am bit unsure especially because I am reading that for a delta to print properly a 32bit MB is a nice-to-have and I do not want to go for an immediate upgrade without even getting familiar with printing.

Anyway, without going OT, if I will get a Flash I will definitely write on this forum.

Zeno

Lee
Site Admin

Post by Lee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm

My delta prints just fine with the 8-bit board. It normally prints at 60-80mms, any faster and I should upgrade the board.
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D