mks v1.3

Discuss issues with controller boards. Any make and model
seanzx7r

mks v1.3

Post by seanzx7r » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 pm

ok problem time 🤔 i have pulled all wire out of the mother board , but left power and no the lcd screen on the heat bed side say's 67/0 with no power to hot bed , i have tried every thing i can think of ,even tried re-booting and nothing . has any one else had this , only thing i can think of now is a new board

royg

Re: mks v1.3

Post by royg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 am

Which MKS board is it? MKSbase, MKS Gen, MKS Gen L, etc.
Tevo Tornado (MKS Gen L version) - Genuine E3dV6 - BLTouch
OctoPi (on an Odroid XU4)
Fusion 360, Cura, Slic3r, Ideamaker

seanzx7r

Post by seanzx7r » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

hi royg thank you for your help .
im sorry im new to 3d printing and it only say's mks v1.4 on the board .
my set up is the standard tevo tarantula with jim browns easy config firmware ,
hope the picture helps
20170830_133555498_iOS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

royg

Post by royg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 am

Greetings,

On the photograph that you supplied, you can see the Board model number "MKS Base v1.4".

In your original email, you said that you had removed all wiring from the board, except power. I assume that you've left the 12 volt power lines connected. I also assume that you have left the two (2) ribbon cables between the main board and display board connected.

First thing to check is that you have the two ribbon cables connected correctly - refer to your Tarantula manual.. If you only have one ribbon cable connected, or if you have the two ribbon cables connected but crossed over in the wrong sockets, the display board will display incorrectly.

Use a multi-meter to check what voltage you have on the 12 volt line from the power supply. Check by measuring at both the power supply terminals and at the 12 volt terminals on the main board. Should be 12 volts +- 0.5 volts, and the voltage reading should be stable (not varying).

If the above doesn't identify the faulty part, I recommend raising a Warranty Ticket on Tevo's Support Web Site http://www.tevoprinter.com/osticket/

Include on the warranty ticket, photos showing the main board and display board, along with how the 12 volt power and display ribbon cables are connected. Also include a photo of the display showing the incorrect display. Also explain to them whether the printer has worked before, or whether it has never worked since you received it. Also mention to them that you are using Jim Brown's Marlin Firmware. They may want to look at your firmware settings, or they may want you to re-load the original firmware that the Tarantua left the factory with. You can download the original Tevo firmware from https://tevo3dprinterstore.com/pages/te ... a-firmware

Note that whether you get a replacement board from Tevo under Warranty, or you buy a replacement board from another supplier (about US$30.00), the board will either be supplied without any firmware on it or it will have firmware for another type of printer - so you'll need to put Jim Brown's firmware on the board when you get it.

Additionally, MakerBase, who manufacture the MKS range of boards, have ceased manufacturing the v1.4 board. This means that most of the boards you'll find in stock with the various suppliers will be MKS Base v1.5 boards, which are supposedly pin compatible with the V1.4 boards.

I hope that info helps.

Regards,

RoyG
Tevo Tornado (MKS Gen L version) - Genuine E3dV6 - BLTouch
OctoPi (on an Odroid XU4)
Fusion 360, Cura, Slic3r, Ideamaker

seanzx7r

Post by seanzx7r » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

hi royg
thank you for getting back to me .
sorry for confusion on the board , i looked on the lcd screen and it said it was the v1.3 .
yes you are correct only cables left in are the power and ribbon for screen. will do some pictures and do a ticket .
but i have ordered a new board any way , i have seen a few people saying on the forums the tevo are not to quick at answering problems .
so will follow your advice in you're last message .
and if its ok will let you know what the out come is , when i get an answer .
once again thanks for your help