Am I Missing Something in BLTouch Setup?

Troubleshoot issues with the Tarantula
rebeltaz

Am I Missing Something in BLTouch Setup?

Post by rebeltaz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:30 am

I have a BLTouch clone (I know... I will get a real one if I can figure this out) that I have tried to install for months with no success. The pin goes through it's self-test ok, but it does not respond to any g commands.

I have connected the three wire connector to where the pinouts diagram says is Servos_D11, after having reversed the positive and ground wires as directed. I have connected the two wire connector to the the z-min endstop connector. I am including my configuration.h file as I have modified it.

To see if I had somehow fried the sensor, a guy on Thingiverse passed me a program for testing servos that I ran on a spare arduino with the 3dtouch connected. Sure enough, the pin cycled in and out like it should. Obviously the problem is either in the coding, or there is a problem with my board.

The printer is a Tevo Tarantula with an MKS-Base 1.4 board running Marlin 1.1.8. The sensor is a BLTouch clone - a 3dtouch.

Any help or advice at all will be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lee
Site Admin

Re: Am I Missing Something in BLTouch Setup?

Post by Lee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:57 pm

I stay away from BLTouch, sorry. It appears to be some weird voodoo whether it works correctly or not. I always and only use manual mesh bed leveling.
Printers: Tarantula | FLSun Delta
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 | Marlin 1.1.9
Slicer: Simplify3D